Sensidyne Career Opportunity – Electronic & Firmware Engineer IV
Electronic & Firmware Engineer IV
Responsible for design, development, and testing of electronic hardware and firmware from product specifications. Applies mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs. Conducts research to produce cost-effective design solutions, improvements, and new products. Participates in the review and creation of design specifications, timelines, and cost estimates. Provides specialized knowledge on complex technical and design matters. Creates and maintains documentation at specification, functional, implementation and code levels for all projects. Establishes test and validation criteria and ensures complete documentation of data in properly maintained engineering logs. Designs, or oversees the design test fixtures as needed. Supports existing products currently in production.
Able to work independently but still as part of a design team. May assume a team lead role for the assigned work group. May mentor junior engineers or technicians to improve skill level of the engineering team.
BS Degree or MS degree in Electronics Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in many of the following areas:
C (ANSI) and C++ and Assembly for various microcontroller architectures. Expertise with common aspects of embedded software: real-time interrupts, watchdog, timers, data corruption prevention, serial communications, signal digitization and filtering, queues, data structures, object-oriented design, small-screen GUI (Graphical User Interface), compiler optimization, code debugging and optimization in Assembly Language. Familiarity writing Windows applications in C# (Win. Forms or WPF) and private or public deployment methods.
- Strong firmware/software design, architecture, and documentation experience and capabilities
- Strong analog and digital circuit design, component selection and PCB layout for high-speed digital, and low-noise analog devices using professional ECAD software (preferably Altium Designer), including:
- Power supplies (switching and linear), battery chargers, fuel gauges.
- Optical, electrochemical, thermal, and high accuracy electrical current sensing.
- Electric motor driving circuits and control software for DC, BLDC, stepper motors, and servos.
- Display hardware, including LED indicators, LED segment displays, OLED and LCD panels.
- Electronic skills required for understanding and contributing to design and debugging.
- Strong electronic assembly skills as required for building, debugging and modifying prototype circuits.
- Proficient using: multimeter, oscilloscope, logic analyzer, electronic load, In-Circuit Debuggers (JTAG), DAQ, and soldering stations.
Minimum 7 years’ experience in C (ANSI) and C++ for various microcontroller architectures
Minimum 7 years’ experience in analog and digital circuit design
Visit our website at www.sensidyne.com
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including; Health, Dental, Disability, Vision, ST and LT Life and company matched 401(k) plan.
Important Note: If offered employment, applicant must be able to show proof of liability to work in the United States as required by Federal Law.
Sensidyne is a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by (1) sending an email or calling (727)530-3602 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
NO WALK-INS or PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
Interested applicants please apply by sending resumes via e-mail: [email protected]
NO RECRUITERS please.