What happens to the sampling results when you sample high on a mountain or deep within a mine?
When sampling at altitudes of up to 8,000 feet above or 8,000 feet below sea level, GilAir Plus has the capability of automatically correcting the flow rate for altitude changes to maintain constant flow accuracy of +/- 5% over this barometric pressure range. This feature permits GilAir Plus calibration at ground level and sampling at high elevations or deep mines without loss of flow accuracy or the need to calculate and use manual correction factors. GilAir Plus is the only personal air sampling pump with this capability.
- Automatic Air Flow Correction for Altitude Changes
- Maintains Flow Accuracy in Deep Mines and High Elevations
- Corrects Barometric Pressures from
- 1060 mmHg to 460 mmHg
- Corrects for Altitudes Between 8,000 feet Above and 8,000 feet Below Sea Level
- User Enabled Feature
- Standard in All GilAir Plus STP Models Using with Firmware 2.3.0 or Higher
Click here to access the Barometric Pressure Sampling Note