Pump and Dock Firmware Update for GilAir Plus
GilAir Plus Pump Firmware Changes, Version 2.1 to Version 2.2
Dock Firmware Update, Version 3.1
Issue Date: March 2013
Changes from Firmware Version 2.1 to Version 2.2 address GilAir Plus user questions and requests. Firmware changes do not alter the performance specifications of the pump. Detailed Firmware explanations are listed below:
- Eliminate fault indications stored in data log when not running pump.
- Event deletion from GilAir Plus keypad. Previously only the entire datalog could be deleted, now it is possible to delete single events in addition to being able to delete the entire datalog.
- “Power-on Run” option added, enabled or disabled in the setup menu. When enabled the pump starts an event when the user turns the pump on. The event will start in the preset run mode: manual, timed, volume, run time or program. If the run mode is timed, volume, runtime or program the pump will turn off when the sample ends. Pre/post calibration will be disabled.
- “User Mode” option added, enabled or disabled in the setup menu. When enabled, the main menu will have only “Run” and “Pause/Stop” available. “Run” will start an event in the mode set up in normal mode including run mode: manual, timed, volume, runtime or program; control mode: CF, CPH or CPL; flow rate or pressure set point and all other setup options, including: “Run when turned on”, “Event ID”, and all other options. The ability to pause / stop the event and turn off the event will work normally. The ability to scroll through the operating screens will not be available and the display will stay in the normal mode unless a fault occurs which will display the fault screen.
- “Vol” run mode added to allow taking a sample of a fixed volume in DL and STP models. Target volume set in “Run Setup”. The control mode will be forced to CF. The start time will work as in the Timed mode to optionally set the start of the event. If the user would like to have the pump switch on regardless of the time, set the time to 00:00.
- “RT” runmode added to allow taking a sample for a fixed run time in DL and STP models. Target runtime set in “Run Setup”. The start time will work as in the Timed mode to optionally set the start of the event. If the user would like to have the pump switch on regardless of the time, set the time to 00:00.
- Add program step type to collect a fixed volume, regardless of Sensor Calibration, fault or user pauses. The control mode of the program must be CF.
- Add program step type to run for a fixed sample time, regardless of Sensor Calibration, fault or user pauses.
- Modify fault retry to eliminate retry on low battery fault. This update helps prevent the battery from becoming deeply discharged.
- Add user selection of battery type (NiMH, AA Alkaline, DC). Defaults to NiMH.
- To prevent the erroneous battery type identification by the dock, the pump will always use the user-selected battery type to operate and never determine the battery pack type by testing the battery pack. Alternate power sources need to be selected in menu when used.
- Add check to dock-supplied battery status to alert user to battery inconsistency (particularly DC dock and NiMH on pump). Provide visual indication if selection is incorrect.
Changes in Dock Firmware Version 3.1 to address GilAir Plus user questions and requests.
The dock no longer discharges pumps left mounted when the power is removed from the dock. This eliminates the slow discharge of the pump battery in this situation and improves the capability of the dock to handle power failure recovery.
Firmware: (Version 3.1)
- Recovery from power failures and brownouts has been improved.
- Battery type detection has been improved for higher reliability.
- Testing added to detect battery faults and recondition deeply discharged or marginal packs.
- Additional fault codes (LED flash patterns) have been added.
- More frequent status updates from dock to Pump as charging proceeds.
- Faster recognition and reset after pump removal.