Sensidyne Career Opportunity - Staff Accountant
SENSIDYNE is a world-class manufacturer and distributor of gas detection equipment, air monitoring systems, and sound and vibration equipment. We are located in breath-taking St Petersburg, Florida
Responsible for ensuring that all accounting functions assigned by the Accounting Manager are performed as specified, and that all reports are completed in a timely and accurate fashion. Some of the accounting functions include preparation of financial reports, transmittal of financial information to parent company in their format, reconciliations, maintenance of fixed asset data base, sales and property tax returns as well as special analyses or projects assigned by management. Assists other accounting employees to resolve daily operational problems. Provides backup for critical tasks in Accounting Manager’s absence.
- Coordinates the month-end closing processes, including the preparation and input of month end journal entries. Reconciles general ledger account balances in detail.
- Prepares internal financial reports, forecasts and analyses as directed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure the integrity and accuracy of the company’s General Ledger accounts.
- Oversees process to account for all company fixed assets and maintains fixed asset detail listing in an accurate and complete fashion and coordinates periodic audits to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares and publishes financial and other performance indicators in required format for monthly presentation to all company associates.
- Assists with the annual financial plan, year-end close, as well as the preliminary and after year-end financial audits.
- Completes the monthly sales and use tax return and the annual tangible personal property tax return in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Disburses petty cash and ensures proper documentation and signature compliance per policy.
- Maintains Accounts Payable vendor database and payables check controls to minimize risk exposure.
- Prepares and submits all federal censuses in a timely and accurate manner as required.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation and timely reporting of daily sales and bookings reports.
- Creates, reports and complies with parent entity reporting requirements including reconciliation to foreign business code regulations.
- Certifies bi-weekly ADP payroll summaries and verifies electronic 401K records for bi-weekly payment to service provider.
Strong accounting skills and knowledge Strong knowledge of PC and spreadsheet applications
Detail oriented and very accurate Strong organizational skills
Strong personal relation skills Ability to make independent judgments
Ability to work with minimal supervision Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
2 years experience in Accounting required
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and company matched 401(k) plan.
Important Note: If offered employment, applicant must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States as required by Federal Law.
Sensidyne is a Drug-Free Workplace
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a results of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by (1) sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (727)530-3602 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
NO WALK-INS or PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
Interested applicants please apply by sending resumes via email OR faxing resumes to (727)533-9203.
NO RECRUITERS please.
No phone calls OR walk-ins please