Sensidyne Career Opportunity –Electrical Engineer I – Health & Safety Products
Responsible for designing, assembling and evaluating electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies as directed in written or schematic form by Electrical or Mechanical Engineers. Performs physical, electrical and/or environmental testing on prototype assemblies. Responsible for test fixture design and construction which may include programming with a variety of languages. May provide troubleshooting / support for production. Maintains and cares for common engineering equipment and tools. Assists in engineering research and documentation as directed.
- Design, create and perform tests on electronic and electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Write firmware/code for designs where needed.
- Design and fabricate breadboards and models for new or modified products.
- Test and debug new product breadboards and models.
- Design and fabricate test fixtures for all phases of development and production.
- Create reports for test results.
- Select, test and evaluate newly sourced components.
- Validate manufacturer and vendor specifications for components and devices.
- Able to propose, implement and validate approved modifications to existing designs.
- Conduct failure analysis for non-conforming components either in development or production.
- Provide repair and recovery processes for non-conforming components in production.
- Prepare markup and implement changes to schematics designs using “Altium Designer”
- Design and write software for testing and validation of assemblies in test utilizing a variety of languages and platforms. (i.e. MS Windows, LabVIEW, Lab Windows, MS Excel, BASIC and 3rd party applications)
- Responsible for approved design activities and deadlines as defined in the project statement of work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong record keeping skills.
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to read schematics, specification sheets, and mechanical drawings
• Strong electronic and electro-mechanical laboratory and trouble shooting skills
• Strong knowledge of electronic components and instruments.
• Ability to install and operate with 3rd party PC control applications
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Macro languages for MS Excel and MS Word
• Working knowledge of programming languages such as:
Microsoft Windows APIs,
LabVIEW, Lab windows,
MS Visual Basic
C, C+, C# and familiar with Assembly language programming
• Working knowledge of PC Applications:
Autodesk (AutoCAD, Inventor…)
3+ years’ work experience as a junior electrical engineer (level I)
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or equivalent vocational school education with proven work experience
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including Health, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and company matched 401(k) plan.
Important Note: If offered employment, applicant must be able to show proof of liability to work in the United States as required by Federal Law.
Sensidyne is a Drug-Free Workplace
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers website as a results of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation by (1) sending an email to email@example.com or calling (727)530-3602 (2) informing us regarding the nature of your request and (3) providing your contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this email and/or phone number. Only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.
NO WALK-INS or PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
Interested applicants please apply by sending resumes via email Or faxing resumes to (727)533-9203.
NO RECRUITERS please.
No phone calls OR walk-ins please